Systems Engineer [Job Code: SYS-ENG]
Manipal Dot Net Pvt Ltd has openings for self-motivated, team-oriented, hard-working Systems Engineers.
- Take ownership for the smooth functioning of equipment in our lab, so that team members can productively use them. Equipment consists of Linux servers, Windows PCs, networking equipment (routers/switches), smart phones, tablets, and surveillance cameras.
- Minimize down-time of equipment: replace or repair faulty components as needed. Send faulty components for warranty replacement or repair. Must be comfortable with dismantling PCs, removing and adding hardware components like motherboards, CPU, memory, HDDs.
- New equipment purchases: identify appropriate model numbers to purchase, find vendors online, submit orders, and follow up through the purchase process.
- Maintain a small inventory of spare parts in the lab, in anticipation of hardware failures.
- Perform network management – configure routers and switches, assign IP address ranges to different host types.
- Regularly verify that all equipment is accounted for. Maintain spreadsheets, labels on hardware equipment, etc.
- Install appropriate software packages and upgrade them to new versions as appropriate.
- Prepare regular spreadsheet reports, summarizing the status of all equipment in the lab.
Required Skill Sets:
- Good English skills – reading/writing/speaking.
- Excellent computer skills:
- Web Browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Firefox).
- Document and Spreadsheet Editing (Microsoft Office or Open Office).
- Email (Thunderbird).
- Familiarity with Smart Phone usage.
- Knowledge of installation, repair and maintenance of various kinds of Computer Systems, IP cameras.
- Good typing skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to thoroughly follow written instructions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Quick learner.
- Team-oriented, with good interpersonal skills.
- Must be self motivated, and demonstrate a 'can do' attitude.