Sr. Linux Systems Engineer [Job Code: SMTS-OS]
(System Software Development)
Manipal Dot Net Pvt Ltd has an opening for a self-motivated, team-oriented, hard-working senior Linux systems engineer to work on various challenging projects.
- Create Linux System images (ISO) from Linux distributions, customized for embedded system requirements.
- Enhance the ISO as newer Linux releases become available.
- Install necessary system packages and trim down the unnecessary packages, to build a custom image that fits into a smaller sized embedded system.
- Regularly build Deb file packages for our custom application.
- Develop and maintain scripts for automatic software updates.
- Implement information security throughout the Linux infrastructure.
- Take increasing levels of ownership of the code base, and provide guidance to junior team members over time.
Desirable Experience/Skill Set:
- Over 2 years of familiarity with the Linux Operating System, including experience as a Systems Administrator.
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux, shell programming, vi/Emacs.
- Exposure to version control (SVN/CVS), Makefiles is an advantage.
- Must be a quick learner, and hit the ground running.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple international cultures
- Motivated by quality and excellence, and takes pride in the quality of work
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Problem Solving: Qualifications