Sr. GUI Development Engineer [Job Code: SMTS-GUI]
Manipal Dot Net Pvt Ltd has an opening for a self-motivated, team-oriented, hard-working senior software engineer to work on various challenging projects.
- The overall project consists of multiple layers – a high level GUI layer, middle level API layers, and low level systems software layers. The candidate is expected to work collaboratively with members from the different teams, to design and implement new project features which span the multiple layers.
- Acquire a strong and thorough understanding of the existing GUI code base, and take ownership for maintaining and enhancing it.
- Develop new modules from scratch and integrate with the existing code base.
- Continuously strive to improve the quality and efficacy of the user experience, by enhancing existing interfaces, and proposing new ones.
- Continuously enhance the code by incorporating newer technologies, improving the code structure, and finding/fixing bugs.
Desirable Experience/Skill Set:
- Over 2 years of GUI development experience.
- Must have experience with server-side web frameworks, such as Apache Tomcat.
- Must have strong understanding of client-server architecture and remote procedure calls.
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux, shell programming, vi/Emacs.
- Exposure to version control(CVS/SVN), makefiles is an advantage.
- Must have a keen sense of aesthetics, and incorporate that into the design of GUI components.
- Must be a quick learner, and hit the ground running.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple international cultures
- Motivated by quality and excellence, and takes pride in the quality of work
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Problem Solving: Qualifications